Your Immigration Lawyers

Oh, Canada

Canada is a wonderful country.  Our universal healthcare, prestigious universities, diverse cultures, and high quality of life have consistently ranked Canada just behind Switzerland as the best place to live in the world. Our immigrants provide a rich cultural mosaic, and contribute to all aspects of society.  An experienced lawyer can guide you through the necessary steps to help you in your journey. Whether you need a temporary visa or you are planning on becoming a full Canadian citizen, Noohi Law is here to help. We provide services in English, Italian, Farsi, Tagalog, Russian, Cantonese, and Mandarin.

Temporary Resident Visa

If you want to stay in or pass through Canada for a period of time it is important to have all of your paperwork ready. If you are planning on passing through the country for less than 48 hours then you need a Transit Visa. On the other hand, if you are planning on staying in Canada for an extended period of time then you will need an Entry Visa.

A Single Entry Visa allows you to enter the country once and generally expires approximately one month after the expected arrival date. This visa can be issued up to six months in advance of arrival. A Multiple Entry Visa, on the other hand, allows unlimited entries into the country before the expiry date, which is up to 10 years or one month before your passport expires, whichever is sooner.

The process of receiving and keeping an entry visa can be quite complex, especially if English is not your first language. Noohi Law can help you achieve your goals. Contact us today for your free consultation!

Permanent Residency & Canadian Citizenship

A Permanent Resident is someone that has been given permission to live in Canada but is not yet a Canadian citizen.  Once you are provided with a Permanent Resident (PR) Card, you may enjoy a multitude of privileges such as the right to enter the country, live, study, and work anywhere in Canada. You may also benefit from things such as healthcare, and protection under the law and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It is important to remember that permanent residents cannot run for office or hold high-security jobs with strict clearance measures, and they are also expected to obey Canadian laws and pay taxes.

A Canadian Citizen is a full citizen of Canada, eligible for a Canadian passport. To be eligible you need to first be a permanent resident (as well as a parent or guardian if you are under 18). You must also demonstrate adequate written and verbal skills in English or French, a basic understanding of Canada’s geography and history, as well as an understanding of the responsibilities and rights of citizens. These obligations do not apply if you are over the age of 55.

Other Cases

Our other case services include, but are not limited to:

  • Super Visa
  • Immigration Appeals
  • Visit on Business
  • Dependent Children
  • Spouse
  • Intra-company transfers
  • Federal Skilled Trade Worker Class
  • Canadian Experience Class IIV
  • Common-law Partner and Conjugal Partner
  • Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • Statutory Accident Benefit Claims
  • Self-employed Class
  • Start-up Visa
  • International Experience Class (IEC)
  • LCP – Live-in Caregiver Program
  • Skilled Worker Class
  • PNP – Provincial Nominee Program (All Provinces)
  • Parents & Grandparents
  • Entrepreneur Class
  • Electronic Transit Authorization (eTA)
  • Work Permit and extensions
  • Seasonal Workers
  • Study Permit and extensions
  • Investor Class
Social share: